1. What is the eleven letter word that all Yale graduates spell incorrectly?
2. If someone finds an old coin bearing the date 47 BC and offers to sell it =o you for one dollar how much would you pay?
3. In the United States is it legal for a man to marry his widow's sister?
4. How much dirt is there in a hole that measures two feet by three feet by our feet?
5. How many months have 30 days in them?
6. A bottle and a cork together cost '1.05. The bottle costs '1.00 more than the cork. How much does each cost?
7. Which is correct - eight and eight IS fifteen or eight and eight ARE fifteen?
8. A 10 foot rope ladder hangs over the side of a boat with the bottom rung on the surface of the water. There is one foot between rungs and the tide goes at the rate of 6 inches per hour. How long until three rungs are covered?
9. Mr. and Mrs. Smith have six daughters and each daughter has one brother. How =any people in the family?
10. Two fathers and two sons each shot a duck and none of them shot the same duck. Only three ducks were shot. Why?
11. We all know there are 12 one-cent stamps in a dozen, but how many two-cent stamps are there in a dozen?
12. Two planes leave Chicago and New York at the same time. Assume a 1000 mile distance. The east bound plane travels 240 miles per hour but due to headwinds the west bound plane can only make 80 miles per hour. When they meet, which is nearest to Chicago?
2. One dollar
3. No. If he has a widow, then the man is dead and cannot legally marry anyone.
4. There is no dirt in a hole.
5. 11 months. All the months except February have 30 days in them.
6. The bottle costs '1.025 and the cork costs '0.025.
7. Neither is correct. Eight and eight equals SIXTEEN.
8. The rungs will never be covered because the boat rises with the tide.
9. 9 family members total. 6 daughters, 1 brother, Mr. Smith and Mrs. Smith.
10. There is a Grandfather, Father and Son. The Grandfather is father of the Father and the Father is the father of the son. The father is the son of the Grandfather and the Son is the son of the other. Thus, there are two fathers and sons, but only three people.
12. Neither will be nearer. When they meet they will be at the same place.