| 2000年青岛市中考英语试题 |
16. any A.animal B. says C today D.and
17. become A. both B.hold C.cover D.over
18. through A. took B. food C. book D.good
19. break A. already B. bread C. each D. great
20. own A. blow B. down C.how D.now
21. medicine A. subject B. twice C. come D.catch
22. sheep A. field B.die C.real D.head
23. winners A.apples B.oranges C.boxes D.glasses
24. should A.school B.machine C.much D.cheap
25. whole A.whose B.white C.when D.what
26. ______ school is much bigger than ______.
A. Our ; their B. Ours; theirs C. Theirs; our D.Their;ours
27. ----I`ll be away on holiday. Would you mind looking after my cat ?
----Not at all. ______________.
A. I have no time B. I`d rather not C.You can leave D.I`d be happy to
28. Many _____ trees should be planted on the mountains.
A. thousand B. thousand of C.thousands D.thousands of
29. ----Do you want tea or coffee?
---- ______. I really don`t mind.
A. Both B. None C. Either D. Neither
30. It`s hard _____ a job .
A. to look for B. to find C. to find out D.to look at
31.----Who ______ that piano?
----My sister, when she ______time.
A.plays ; has B. is playing; has C.plays; is having D. is playing; has had
32. The shopkeeper said they _____ the shoes ______.
A. have sold out ; in my size B. sold out ; of my size
C. had sold out ; for my size D.had sold out ; in my size
33. Mother said to Mike," I hope you ____ what I ____ you to buy?"
A. didn`t forgot; told B.don`t forget; tell
C. won`t forget; have told D.haven`t forgotten; will tell
34. The old man had to do all the farm work himself,________?
A. did he B.had he C.didn`t he D.hadn`t he
35.If you are not _____ by then , I`ll take you to see the doctor.
A. good B.well C. fine D.better
36. ----Who told you to clean the windows?
----Father ______.He said they are too dirty.
A. told B.did C.had told D.had told
37. He didn`t tell me anything ______ he left.
A.until B.befor C.after D.since
38. If you _____ him tomorrow, please ask him if he ____ to work on the farm with us.
A.see ; goes B.will see; goes C.will see; will go D.see; will go
39. It`s nearly seven o`clock .Jack ____ be back home at this moment.
A.must B.need C. could D.can
40.--- How much ______ the shoes?
---- Five dollars ______ enough.
A.is ; is B.are ; is C. are ; are D.is ; are
41.---- Where`s Mary now? Do you know?
---- No,but I heard ____ in her room a few minutes ago.
A. her singing B.her sing C.she was singing D. All the answers are right
42.Mr .Smith always has _____ to tell us.
A. some good pieces of news B. some pieces of good news
C. some good piece of newes D.s ome piece of good newes
43.Chinese is the language spoken by the ____ number of people in the world, but it`s not as _____ as English.
A. largest; widely spoken B. large; wide spoken
C. larger; sidely speaking D. largest; wide speaking
44. I first met Lisa three years ago when we ____ at a radio station together.
A. have worked B. had been working C. were working D. had worked
45.This morning I went to work in such a hurry that _____ the key to my office at home.
A. forgot B. left C .missed D. lost
One day , a young man asked Albert Einstein ,46 great German scientist, 47 the secret(秘密) of success (成功)was .The scientist 48 him that the secret of success is hard work. A few days 49 the young man asked him the 50 question again .Einstein was very 51.He did not say 52,but wrote a few 53 on a piece of paper and 54 it to the young man .The young man looked 55 the piece of paper. On it was 56 :A=X+Y+Z." What 57 this mean?" asked the young man."A means success,"58 the old scientist. "X means hard work, Y means good methods(方法)，and Z…Z mean 59 talking and start to 60."
46. A.a B. the C. one D. some
47. A. who B. whether C. what D.which
48. A. told B.said C. talked D. spoke
49 .A. ago B.before C. earlier D.later
50. A. easy B. good C. different D. same
51.A. worried B. happy C. angry D. disappointed（失望）
52.A.anything B.something C.nothing D.everything
53. A. words B.word C.sentences D.sentence
54. A. to hand B.hand C.handed D.handing
55. A. on B.up C.down D.at
56. A.answered B.written C.read D.found
57.A will B.shall C.does D.did
58. A.said B. thought C.believed D.told
59. A.go on B.stop C.enjoy D.try
60. A. do B. read C. write D.work
An artist (画家) went to a beautiful part of the country for a holiday and stayed with a farmer. Every day he went out with his paints and brushes(颜料和画笔)and painted till evening. When it got dark he went back to the farm and had a good dinner before he went to bed.
At the end of his holiday he wanted to pay the farmer, but the farmer said," No, I don`t want money. But give me one of your pictures. What`s money? In a week it will all be finished ,but your picture will still be here."
The artists was very pleased and thanked the farmer for saying such kind things about his pictures. The farmer smiled and answered ,"It`s not that. I have a son in London. He wants to become an artist. When he comes home next month, I`ll show him your picture, and he will not want to be an artist any more, I think."
61.The artist went to the countryside to ________.
A. visit his old friend B. spend his holiday
C. visit the farmer D. Thank the farmer
62. Every day ,the artist _______.
A. went out to help the farmer to do some farming
B. went out to visit his friends
C. painted pictures
D. enjoyed the beautiful scenery
63. The artist wanted to pay the farmer, but the farmer ____.
A. wanted much more money
B. wanted nothing
C. didn`t want any money at all
D. wanted one of his pictures instead of money
64. The artist thought the farmer wanted a picture of his because _______.
A. the farmer was an artist too
B. the farmer liked his pictures very much
C. the farmer wanted to give it to his son as a present
D. the farmer was rich
65. After hearing the farmer`s words ,perhaps the artist would be ______.
A.very worried B.very happy C.very thankful D. very disappointed
Long, long ago there was no zero. To write the number sixty-three people wrote 63.To write six hundred and three, people wrote 63.The space between six and three was there to mean." not any "tens. Sometimes people did not remember the space. It was hard to see and read.
Later people used a dot to hold the space. Six hundred and three looked like this 6.3.But the dot was hard to see. So people put a circle around it like this 6⊙3.Then people could see the dot. They remembered the space. at last ,only the circle around the dot was used. It was like a zero. This is one story of how the zero came to be used.
Now zero has many important uses .Zero tells how many. Can you tell some other ways of using zero?
66.Long,long ago people didn`t know how to ____.
A.write B write zero C.write numbers D.sixty-three
67.Long,longago if they wrote two hundred-eight ,people wrote_____.
A.28 B.2 8 C.228 D.208
68.Later ______ was used to mean space.
A."not any" B.letter"0" C.zero D.a dot
69.People used circles _____________.
A.to remember ways B.to remember numbers
C.not to forget the space D.to mean nothing
70.The story tells us _____.
A. how zero came to be used
B. how to write zero
C. what`s the use of zero
D. that zero means a dot, a circle or space
I often dreamed about Pisa when I was a boy. I read about the famous building called the Leaning Tower of Pisa .But when I read the word Pisa, I was thinking of pizza .I thought this tower was a place to buy pizza .It must be the best place to buy pizza in the world, I thought.
Many years later finally saw the Leaning Tower. I knew then that is was Pisa and no pizza .But there was still something special about it for me .The tower got its name because it really does lean to one side. Some people want to try to fix it .They are afraid it may fall over and they don`t like it leans over the city.
I do not think it`s a good idea to try to fix it .The tower probably will not fall down ,it is 600 years old. why should anything happen to it now? And ,if you ask me ,I like what it looks like. To me it is a very human kind of leaning .Nothing is perfect ,it seems to say.
And who cares? Why do people want things to be perfect? Imperfect things may be more interesting .Let`s take the tower in Pisa. Why is it so famous? There are many other older ,more beautiful towers in Italy. But Pisa tower is the most famous. People come from all over the world to see it.
71.This passage is about_______.
A. Italian pizza
B. Italy`s problems
C. How the Leaning Tower of Pisa got its name
D. Why the writer likes Pisa
72.The writer used to think Pisa______.
A. in Spain
B. not very famous
C. not the same as pizza
D. the same as pizza
73.The Leaning Tower of Pisa is _______.
B. falling down
C. 600 years old
D.60 years old-
A. doesn`t like what the tower looks like
B. likes what the tower looks like
C. thinks it`s the most beautiful tower in Italy
D. doesn`t like towers
75. The writer likes the Leaning Tower of Pisa because________.
A. it`s old
B. it`s perfect
C. it sells pizza
D. it`s imperfect
During the summer holidays there will be a changed schedule of services for the students. Changes for dining-room and library service hours and for bus schedules will be put up on the wall outside of the dining-hall. Weekly film and concert schedules will be put up each Wednesday outside of the student club.
In the summer holidays. buses going to the town centre will leave the gate every hour on the half hour during the day. The dining room will serve three meals a day from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm during the week and two meals from noon to 7:00 pm on weekends. The library will be open at its usual hours during the week ,but have shorter hours on Saturdays and Sundays. The weekend hours are from noon to 5:00 pm.
Students must have a new summer card if you want to use the library lending services. This announcement will also be seen in the nest week`s student newspaper.
76.This announcement is to ______.
A. tell students of important schedule changes
B. tell students of new bus and library services
C. show the excellent services for students
D. ask students to change their library cards
77.From this passage we know______.
A. there is a film each week in the student club
B. there is a film or a concert each week in the student club
C. there is a film or a concert on every Wednesday in the student club
D. there will be no changes about the schedules of the weekly film and concert during the summer holidays
78. At which of the following times will the bus leave the gate?
79.In the summer holidays, the library will have ______.
A. no special hours
B. special hours on weekdays
C. special hours on weekends
D. special hours both on weekdays and weekends
80.We may know that during the summer holidays_______.
A. Few students will stay in the university
B. No breakfast will be served on weekends
C. The student newspaper will sell more copies
D. There will be a concert or a film each Wednesday
1. I did rather _____（差） in the race.
2. What are you going to do in your ____(两个月的) holiday?
3. The farmers are both busy _____（种）vegetables now.
4. He must be ______ （阻止）from crossing the street when the lights are red.
5. Why do you ______ （不喜欢）travelling by air?
6. Lily felt sad because her bird was _______（死了）.
7. By the end of the ______ （二十） century ,the world population had passed six billion,.
8. At the ________（医务室）,Kate was looked over carefully by Mr.Brown.
9. Please give us a short talk in English .Nothing _______（难）。
10. He put his other shoe under his bed very__________（轻轻地）.
1. Jack did well in maths.（就划线部分提问）
______ _______ Jack _______ in maths?
2. Do these students often sing the English song?（变成被支语态）
______ the English song often _____ by these students?
3. At the age of four , she began to learn dancing.（改写成复合句）
She began to learn dancing _______ _________ ___________ __________.
4. She was so weak that she didn`t catch up with others.(改写句子，句意不变)
She was _____ ______ _______ to catch up with others.
5. Shall we go out for a walk after supper?( 改写句子，句意不变)
_______ _______ _______ a walk after supper?
6. Neither of us has much time to write back to him.
We both have too much work to do .( 改写句子，句意不变)
Both of us _____ ______ _____ ______ _____ his letter.
I hope everything _________ _________ .
_______ ________ _______ two factories near the bridge.
A journey always _______ ________ the first step.
_______ _______ _______ one hour _______ _______to the park.
I ______ _______ this subject _____ _____ ______ _______ in such a hurry.
The ______ ______ you have sports, the _______ you will be .
Charley: Come on ,Steve. 1
Steve: Wait a moment. ____2____
Steve: By the way, can we give my sister a ride home tonight?
Charley: Sure. 3
Steve: Yes .She wants to take some pictures.
Steve: Yeah. She wants to work for a newspaper someday.
Charley: But I think it might be hard for her to succeed.5
A. Well ,she always enjoys sports games, doesn`t she?
B. I dind`t know Eva was interested in photography.
C. There are a lot of photographers out there.
D. You mean she `s coming to the game, too?
E. I just have to close up the shop.
F. It`s time to go
G. Eva`s closing the door.
1、D 2、D 3、C 4、B 5、C 6、A 7、C 8、B
9、C 10、C 11、D 12、B 13、B 14、C 15、C 16、B
17、C 18、B 19、D 20、A 21、B 22、A 23、A 24、B
25、A 26、D 27、D 28、D 29、C 30、B 31、B 32、D
33、C 34、C 35、D 36、B 37、B 38、D 39、A 40、B
41、D 42、A 43、A 44、C 45、B 46、B 47、C 48、A
49、D 50、D 51、C 52、A 53、A 54、C 55、D 56、B
57、C 58、A 59、B 60、D 61、B 62、C 63、D 64、B
65、D 66、B 67、B 68、D 69、C 70、A 71、D 72、D
73、C 74、B 75、D 76、A 77、B 78、B 79、C 80、B
1. learned 2. then 3. once 4. while
5. knock 6. surprised 7. tomorrow 8. understood
9. laughing 10. quickly
1. badly 2. two-month 3. growing 4. stopped
5. hate或dislike 6. dead 7. twentieth 8. doctor‘s
9. difficult 10. quietly
1. How, did, do
2. Is, sung
3. when, she, was, four
4. not, strong, enough
5. What, about, having或taking
6. are, too, busy, to, answer或have, no, time, to, answer
1. goes, well
2. There, have, been
3. begins或starts, with
4. It, took, me, to, walk
5. don’t, think, should, be, tried, out
6. more, healthier
1、F 2、E 3、D 4、A 5、C